Tuesday 21 February 2012

Reasoning

As part of research for the Final Major Project of my Art & Design Interdisciplinary Degree at Leeds College of Art I will be focusing on the concept of inhabiting vast rural spaces and the marks made as a result of my physical presence. 
Throughout my degree I have consistently felt restricted within a studio environment. The confines of an artificial environment such as the studio space has affected the proportions of my work. For me being hemmed in generates feelings of frustration; the need to get out and experience the natural elements be it sun, rain, snow, wind is an intense desire.These aspects combined with the ethos of being connected to the land and the experience of feeling rooted and belonging within the world itself  will form the basis of my research. I plan to drive to certain areas of Nidderdale and spend time within rural locations walking, inhabiting, dwelling and physically making my mark on the spaces I occupy.

No comments:

Post a Comment